[How-to Solution] Samsung Mobile MTP Device — CODE 10 error at Device Manager
Apparently a lot of users are experiencing this problem which seem to be related to using the CM9 or CM10 ROMs.
I use the Hydra-H2o rom and wanted to try the new [ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 and it happened to me using CM10 so read on, if you have the same problem.
When you first attach your phone to the PC by USB, the drivers have to be installed. We have the Samsung USB drivers for download here which are for the following:
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
Samsung Galaxy S,
Now it could happen, that all of the drivers install successfully, but one of them, the “Samsung Mobile MTP Device”, which cannot be installed, since there’s always a CODE 10 (This device cannot start).
As I searched for quite a while for a working solution with no luck (there are different solutions, but none of them worked for me, as in my case it wasn’t a faulty-driver problem…), i finally remembered a solution to a similar case with a DVD-RW Drive. I tried the same process with my actual driver problem, and it worked right away.
HERE’s THE SOLUTION:
- Go to the Registry Editor (Start –> Run –>type in, “regedit” (without the quotes) then click OK.
- Search the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
- Go upto Edit>Find, type in or copy/paste Portable Devices
- In the right hand pane you will see the (Default) value “Portable Devices” on the string
- Once found, you see a string value called UpperFilters –> delete it!
- Now your Samsung Mobile MTP Device should be recognized and even installed correctly right away.
- Goto Device Manager open Universal Serial Bus controllers and you should see “Samsung Mobile USB Composite Device”
Latest posts by Dave Thornton (see all)
- HTC One new red colour shows its face on UK website – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Raspberry Pi Turbo gets UK made water cooler – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Google Drive, Save time with right-click sharing – Monday, May 6, 2013
- Nook Simple Reduced to £29 in the UK While it Lasts – Tuesday, April 30, 2013