Galaxy S III to receive Jelly Bean by years end?
The real title here should be “Bought a Samsung phone in the last year? Expect Jelly Bean soon!” A tentative release schedule has been leaked for Samsung’s most popular phones.
The Galaxy S III, which launched with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) should be receiving it’s Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) update within the coming months, if this release schedule is right. There’s also a rumor that the Note 2, which is to be announced at the end of the month, will most likely launch with Ice Cream Sandwich, but will receive a Jelly Bean update shortly after launch.
- Galaxy S III – End Q3 begin Q4
- Galaxy S II – Q4
- Galaxy Note – Q4
- Galaxy Note II – begin Q4
Samsung also appears to be feeling generous, and will apparently not only release a Jelly Bean update for last year’s Galaxy Note, but also for the Galaxy S II line of phones. Of course this is up to carriers in the US to bring us the update, but whenever there’s an official release expect it to be out in custom ROM form shortly after (sometimes even the day of)! None of this is confirmed yet, but you better bet it’ll be announced soon. Keep those fingers, toes and any other appendages you might be able to cross…crossed!
Latest posts by Nick Sutrich (see all)
- New Samsung camera patent will help strangers take better pictures of you – Saturday, May 25, 2013
- Aurora Red Samsung Galaxy S4 available for pre-order from AT&T – Friday, May 24, 2013
- Android extends development lead with open source developers – Friday, May 24, 2013
- Around 5 million HTC One units sold, according to HTC – Thursday, May 23, 2013