Weather Channel gets Holo-ized, adds faster maps and a refresh button
Well isn’t this a nice treat. Many apps continually get updated to coincide with Google’s Holo design guidelines, and now The Weather Channel’s app has also been updated with this look. Each developer seems to have its own take on the Holo style though, and that’s definitely a welcome thing so long as they stick with the navigation and button placement guidelines. The Weather Channel has definitely come up with something spiffy and unique looking.
New Start and maps pages
While there’s a million and one weather apps out there, The Weather Channel is probably the go-to place for most people simply based on its name alone. The big UI update is definitely a welcome thing to get people more in the Holo spirit, but what else is included in this update? Quite a bit, actually, see for yourself:
What’s in this version:
- “Expect rain to start at 3:15p”—No more guessing! If your weather is changing within 6 hrs, we let you the exact time it will happen.
- Faster maps with past & future radar, severe weather bulletins
- More detailed forecasts
- A better selection of videos
- Optimized for Android tablets
- Set up your favorites places to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- What everyone has been asking for, a Refresh button!
- It is now easy to share your weather with your friends & family
And if that’s not enough, check out the UI overhaul and the new widgets for yourself:
Via Android Central
Latest posts by Nick Sutrich (see all)
- Verizon’s new DROID Ultra, MAXX and Mini have specs to blow your face off – Tuesday, July 23, 2013
- Next Generation Samsung Octa-core Exynos being unveiled next week – Thursday, July 18, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 gets leaked; 13MP camera with Xenon flash, shutter button – Thursday, July 18, 2013
- Verizon hosting July 23rd event, probably for new DROID devices – Wednesday, July 17, 2013