Holo Locker and Launcher Bring Faux Jelly Bean Feel
With many devices getting official and unofficial updates to Jelly Bean, others are looking for solutions to make their device look and feel similar—which while possible, can often take quite a bit of work. The good news is that Holo Locker and Holo Launcher can make it easy.
Holo Locker and Holo Launcher were made by XDA Forum Member mobint. His first released Holo Launcher version was ICS-styled, and is now updated to Jelly Bean styling. The work shows, and results in a great experience for users simply after the JB aesthetics.
ABOUT THIS APP HOLO Launcher
RATING: (7,605) average 4.7
Extra features include:
- Full JB Style: ICS Icons, Folders, Outlines, Drawer Tabs, etc.
- Custom Desktop Pages/Grid
- Custom Drawer Portrait/Landscape Grid
- Scrollable Dock
- Infinite Scrolling
- Customizable Shortcut/Folder Icons
- Desktop Previews
- Backup and Restore Settings & Shortcuts
- Other Customization Options
Google Play link: Holo Launcher Plus (£2.59)
* Multiple configurable drawer tabs
* Unread count notifications for call, sms and gmail
* More desktop gestures: Pinch in/out, Two Finger Swipe and Double-tap
* Dock icon Swipe up/down gestures
* More transition effects
* Widgets overlapping
* 1×1 widgets in dock
* Other enhancement and customization options.
Holo Locker gives you a Jelly Bean-like lock screen on your phone. It works smoothly, and completes the Jelly Bean feel. What’s more, neither app requires root permissions, so you can get in on the action even if your device is running stock firmware.
[Thanks to varun.chitre15 for the tip.]
Latest posts by Dave Thornton (see all)
- HTC Looking At Liquidmetal For Phone Casings – Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- HTC One new red colour shows its face on UK website – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Raspberry Pi Turbo gets UK made water cooler – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Google Drive, Save time with right-click sharing – Monday, May 6, 2013