[App-Review] Triangle Away – Chainfire’s – Does exactly what it says! – Updated
Triangle Away can remove the yellow triangle from your boot screen as well as reset the flash counter, for a select few Samsung devices running Ice Cream Sandwich (Gingerbread builds are NOT supported). !!! DO NOT USE THIS APP ON ANY DEVICE NOT LISTED BELOW !!! !!! THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY […]
Triangle Away can remove the yellow triangle from your boot screen as well as reset the flash counter, for a select few Samsung devices running Ice Cream Sandwich (Gingerbread builds are NOT supported).
!!! DO NOT USE THIS APP ON ANY DEVICE NOT LISTED BELOW !!!
!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE ONE !!!
( and by brick I mean brick – only a board replacement or a JTAG unit will be able to save you, don’t mess with boot(loader) stuff unless you really mean it! )
|RATING: (448) 5*
UPDATED: June 6, 2012
CURRENT VERSION: 1.51
REQUIRES ANDROID: 4.0 and up
Samsung Galaxy Sll rooted
Please check the values the app displays are correct before resetting the counters. There really isn’t much more to say about it.
Also, Samsung may well change behavior for this in the future, so with any major firmware updates you should check and doublecheck if this app still works before attempting a reset.
Note: using Triangle Away may unmount your SD card. Reboot or manually remount it from Android settings.
Note#2: On the SGS3, the “system modified” status can only be reset on some firmwares. It works on ALE8, but may not work on newer official firmwares.
This app has been used successfully on:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Whether or not Triangle Away works depends largely on your kernel. Flashing a different kernel may make it work if it previously didn’t.
What’s new in this version:
- Support for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300*T*
- Fixes for Galaxy Note GT-N7000/GT-I9220
- Support for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
* I’m not sure about future updates *
Simply THE best
Rating: [5 / 5]
Latest posts by Dave Thornton (see all)
- HTC Looking At Liquidmetal For Phone Casings – Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- HTC One new red colour shows its face on UK website – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Raspberry Pi Turbo gets UK made water cooler – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Google Drive, Save time with right-click sharing – Monday, May 6, 2013