XDA Developers release a book, the Android Hacker’s Toolkit
Android modding, hacking and custom ROM development (Samsung Galaxy Sll, HTC Desire) is accelerating at a ridiculous pace, with hundreds of devices hitting the market every year capable of being ‘the next big hackers’ phone.’
XDA-Developers is a haven for such users, and millions of lines of text have been poured into instruction on rooting, installing custom recoveries, kernels, AOKP, AOSP and ROMs. Now that instruction has been correlated into an actual book. The text also gives users a layman’s introduction to the forum itself, which is a sprawling and rather confusing entity that is constantly growing, changing and improving.
All the revenue from the book will go towards the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the charity used in the popular Humble Bundle. The book costs between £16.99 (Book) and £18.94 (e-book) $19 and $22 at Amazon. Head on over to XDA-Developers for more details.
Are you eager to make your Android device your own but you’re not sure where to start? Then this is the book for you. XDA is the world’s most popular resource for Android hacking enthusiasts, and a huge community has grown around customizing Android devices with XDA. XDA’s Android Hacker’s Toolkit gives you the tools you need to customize your devices by hacking or rooting the android operating system.
Providing a solid understanding of the internal workings of the Android operating system, this book walks you through the terminology and functions of the android operating system from the major nodes of the file system to basic OS operations. As you learn the fundamentals of Android hacking that can be used regardless of any new releases, you’ll discover exciting ways to take complete control over your device.
- Teaches theory, preparation and practice, and understanding of the OS
- Explains the distinction between ROMing and theming
- Provides step-by-step instructions for Droid, Xoom, Galaxy Tab, LG Optimus, and more
- Identifies the right tools for various jobs
- Contains new models enabling you to root and customize your phone
- Offers incomparable information that has been tried and tested by the amazing XDA community of hackers, gadgeteers, and technicians
XDA’s Android Hacker’s Toolkit is a simple, one-stop resource on hacking techniques for beginners.
Latest posts by Dave Thornton (see all)
- HTC Looking At Liquidmetal For Phone Casings – Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- HTC One new red colour shows its face on UK website – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Raspberry Pi Turbo gets UK made water cooler – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Google Drive, Save time with right-click sharing – Monday, May 6, 2013