How to Sign into Multiple Google Accounts
Recently I came across a problem, I am tied to more than one Google account now. Normally, I could just sign into Chrome with my @gmail credentials, and I could get my Google Docs, Gmail and Google Talk, Google Plus and other services without having to sign in and out of each service. However, my blogging email and editing are starting to become more and more demanding, and I have three accounts that I am switching back and forth between pretty regularly now. My old solution was to keep each account signed into a different browser, personal account in Chrome, another one in Firefox, and the other one in Safari. Problem there is that I hate all browsers that don’t start in Chro- and end in -me.
Maybe the solution has been there the whole time, or maybe it was just a hot new feature that I stumbled upon, but Google allows multiple accounts to sign in under one browser. Here’s how:
- Locate your name in the upper right hand corner of most Google websites.
- Look for “Sign In to Another Account”
- Enter info
There are still inconstant menu choices across Google Services, for instance on blogger.com, there isn’t a “Sign In to Another Account” link. Your best bet is gmail.com or google.com.
When the USAF dropped this New Jersey boy off in Louisiana, he had no idea that the fun was just beginning. John has turned wrenches on jet engines in a Combat AGE team, raided Molten Core in the day, pwn n00bs in Battlefield 3, and can speak iOS and Android.
John has a BS degree in Culinary Arts, and is working on a Master’s in Education. Married and a father of 4 boys, John gets his screen name, Broadwayblues, from the NHL team the New York Rangers, loves the NY Giants and admits that he likes the NY Mets too. He cuddles his Galaxy Nexus at night.
Latest posts by John Ennis (see all)
- Verizon Galaxy S III gets another OTA update, fixes 4G bug – Thursday, June 20, 2013
- Spotify updates with notification bar controls – Thursday, June 20, 2013
- Fitbit app updated with Bluetooth 4.0 support, now works on the Galaxy S4 – Friday, May 17, 2013
- Use a Google Street View Car to Make a Music Video? Why Not? – Friday, March 29, 2013